A free, opensource, multiplatform, universal viewer and toolbox intended for, but not limited to, timeseries storage files
like EEG, EMG, ECG, BioImpedance, etc.
- Supported fileformats: EDF, EDF+, BDF, BDF+
- Nihon Kohden (*.eeg) to EDF+ converter (including annotations)
- Unisens to EDF+ converter
- Manscan Microamps (*.mbi/*.mb2) to EDF+ converter (including annotations)
- SCP-ECG (*.scp) to EDF+ converter
- Emsa (*.PLG) to EDF+ converter (including annotations)
- ASCII to EDF/BDF converter
- Finometer (Beatscope) to EDF converter
- Bmeye Nexfin (FrameInspector) to EDF converter
- WAV to EDF converter
- reads Biosemi's trigger inputs from the BDF "Status" signal
- Annotation editor
- Header editor, fixes also lot's of different format-errors
- 1th to 8th order Butterworth, Chebyshev, Bessel and "moving average" filters
- Notchfilter with adjustable Q-factor
- Powerspectrum (FFT)
- ECG Heart Rate detection (raw ECG waveform -> beats per minute)
with possibility to export the RR-intervals (beat to beat)
- Z-EEG measurement
- Averaging using triggers, events or annotations
- Supports montages
- Annotations/events export
- Annotations/events import
- File reducer/cropper/decimator
- Downsampling signals
- Precise measurements by using crosshairs
- Zoomfunction by drawing a rectangle with the mouse
- Shows signals from different files at the same time
- EDF/EDF+/BDF/BDF+ to ASCII converter
- EDF/EDF+/BDF/BDF+ compatibility checker
- EDF+D to EDF+C converter
- BDF(+) to EDF(+) converter
- Prints to a printer, image or PDF
- Combine several files and export it to one new EDF file
- Export a part of a file to a new file
- Reads from a streaming file (monitor)
- Available for Linux and Windows
(the source can be compiled on Mac OS X)
This is free software, it is experimental and available under the GPL License version 2.
Despite this software is intend to be usefull, there is no warranty, use this software at your own risk!
EDFbrowser may NOT be used in safety-critical applications, such as life-support medical systems.
The author is NOT responsible for any consequences. For research and educational purpose only.
Ubuntu users: alternatively add the "experimental" repo and install EDFbrowser via Ubuntu Software Center: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianExperimental
A binary is not available but the sourcecode can be compiled on the Mac.
Instructions how to compile EDFbrowser on the Mac can be found here.
Click here (GitHub) for the latest revision/patch/pre-release (sourcecode only)
Feedback to: email@example.com
Take a subscription at Freecode if you want to receive a note when a new version becomes available.
Some commandline format converters (without graphical user interface) for scripts or batchfiles.
Note that these converters are also in EDFbrowser.
A very convenient open-source programming library for C/C++ programmers who want to implement EDF(+) and/or BDF(+).
EDF for Labview, a collection of VI's to write files in the European Data Format.